Friday 28 September 2012

The stoic face


The stoic face
 
Some people have the uncanny ability to accept all that happens to them as if it was divine will or the natural course of things, while other leave no doubt as to the base feelings they are experiencing. Is the universe unfolding as it was meant too ? Or is it self control ! Are these people the seething  volcanoes waiting to erupt ? On closer observation I see a distancing in their eyes, an ability to go to a place in their mind where they have control of the situation like in a dream. I think it allows the mind to deal with crisis in a safe experimental state, evaluating all scenarios and exits and sometimes coming to the conclusion … that’s the way it is and it’s out of my control. Somehow it seems like I’m describing escapism , the neutral  stare and placid look of discouraging acceptance.
I think what we really see is courage…

No comments:

Post a Comment