Friday 28 September 2012

The peaceful face


The peaceful face
 
There is something about looking into the face of a sleeping child that tells us all is right in the world no matter how cynical we are once we turn away. We see the most vulnerable  individual with the ability to sleep calmly in the hectic busy atmosphere we know too well can be cruel and dangerous. But this child has no knowledge or context to go by, truly ignorance must be bliss. So we gaze upon them and their bliss becomes our understanding, that no matter our own fear and cynicism we have the ability to feel bliss by turning the negativity of our surroundings “ off “ if just for a moment. I am not a meditator  but maybe I should learn , because maybe if I practice, that feeling will stay with me longer or when I need it most…. Perhaps that’s the gift and lesson our infants are giving us.

No comments:

Post a Comment